on Saturday, March 27, 1999 at 8.30 a.m
at Pennfield Middle School, Elroy Road, Hatfield, PA.
8.30 a.m Group singing
4.30 p.m Vocal concert by Madurai R. Sundar
accompanied by Sandhya Srinath ( violin )
Suresh Ramachandran ( mridangam)
FOR INDIVIDUAL PARTICIPATION PLEASE CALL:
VOLUNTEERS INTERESTED IN BRINGING FOOD PLEASE
The Concert artists:
Madurai R. Sundar hails from a musically oriented family and was initiated into Carnatic music by his aunt Mrs. Ananthalakshmi Sadagopan, herself a musician of repute. Sundar came under the tutelage of Madurai T.N.Seshagopalan in 1972 and since his debut in 1974 has won many prizes in prestigious music competetions conducted by All India Radio, Madras Music Academy and the Indian Fine Arts Society, Madras to name a few. Sundars concerts are a regular feature at the Madras Music festivals. Among the awards he won are the Musiri Subramania Iyer award, Nyayapathi Rangamannar Award, Pankajan Rajam Award and the K.S.Ramaswamy Sashtiaptapurti award at the Madras Music Academy. Sundar has performed extensively in India, Australia, USA and the Middle East. He is an A-graded artist of All India Radio and has also released pre-recorded cassettes through Kalavardhani and Sangeeta.
Sandhya Srinath is a disciple of late Shri V.Janakiraman of Delhi and has had advanced training under Shri T.N.Krishnan and Shri Lalgudi G. Jayaraman. She is a Gold medalist in the M.A (violin) as well as an M.Phil ( violin ) from the University of Delhi. She is an A grade casual artist in violin at All India Radio and Doordarshan, Delhi. She won top prizes at prestigious organizations like the Madras Music Academy, Narada Gana Sabha and Sri Krishna Gana Sabha to name a few. She has accompanied senior artists including Dr. M. Balamuralikrishna, Dr. N. Ramani, T.V.Gopalakrishnan, Ravikiran, Unnikrishnan, Nityashree and Soumya.
Suresh Ramachandran, a disciple of Thiru T.V.Gurumurthy, belongs to the Palani Subbudu School of mridangam. He has accompanied several leading artistes in India & in the USA. He is graded artist of the All India Radio and has performed in the AIR, Doordarshan and several sabhas. Ram Suresh has a Ph.D. degree in mathematics and is currently working for the research division of a pharmaceutical company.
DIRECTIONS TO PENNFIELD MIDDLE SCHOOL:
1. From Reading: Traveling on East Penna Turnpike, take exit to Penna Turnpike North East Extension Route 476 North). Follow directions in 6.
2. From South Jersey: Cross Walt Whitman Bridge to I-95 South. Takeexit to I-476 North towards Plymouth Meeting and travel for about 15 miles and continue on I-476 North (Penna Turnpike, North East
Extension). Follow directions in 6. Alternate route from South Jersey : Cross WaltWhitman or Ben Franklin and traveling West on Route 76 (Schuylkill Expressway), take 476 North towards Plymouth Meeting and continue on I-476 taking Penna Turnpike North East Extension. Follow directions in 6.
3. From Delaware: Traveling North on I-95, take exit to I-476 and travel for about 15 miles and continue on I-476 North (Penna Turnpike, North East Extension) Follow directions in 6.
4. From Chester and Delaware Counties: Take I-476 North and travel for about 15 miles and continue on I-476 North (Penna Turnpike, North East Extesnion) Follow directions in 6.
5. From Allentown: Traveling South on Route 476 (Penna Turnpike, North East Extension) Follow directions in 6.
6. Traveling on Penna Turnpike, North East Extension (Route 476), take exit 31 to Lansdale. At the traffic light at the end of the ramp, make a left turn. At the next Traffic light make a left turn onto Forty Foot Road. At the 4th traffic light, make a left onto Elroy Road. The school is immediately to your left.
For Concert Information, Check this page and the
Usenet group rec.music.indian.classical
Webring site is owned by SRUTI, The India
Music and Dance Society.